Late in the year 1949 a group of ten young Armenian men were getting together at the home of John Mickaels located in Oakland. The group of ten were as follows: John & Robert Mickaels, Ralph & Jim Boghosian, Richard & Robert Baronian, Al Yeremian, Harry Halajian, Aram Mazmanian and Ed Farahadian. These men enjoyed each others company, good food, cards and group discussions.
It was at a picnic in Tildin Park in Berkeley that four brothers of the Golden Gate Chapter of the Triple X Fraternity approached a few members of this group with the thought of joining the Triple X Fraternity. Late in the year 1950 the Brothers of the Golden Gate Chapter ignited the flame that led the Oakland Chapter to be Chartered. PGM Dr. Jack Shabazian installed the group.
The Oakland Chapter has had six Grand Masters since its inception. Ralph Boghosian 1957-1958, James K. Taylor Jr. 1966-1967, Sam Kassabian 1970-1971, Charles Hazarian 1979-1980, Robert Alchian 1985-1986 and Jeff Hazarian 1999-2000.